THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 12, 2008

Pray for China



Quan Yin, means 'she who hears the weeping of the world,' is a Bodhisattva, or one who has chosen to be reborn in order to help others achieve enlightenment. May we pray to the Great Mother for the people in China who are facing the effects of this deadly earthquake.

Prayer to the Bodhisattva



by Rabindranath Tagore

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers
but to be fearless in facing them.
Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain
but for the heart to conquer it.
Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield
but to my own strength.
Let me not crave in anxious fear to be saved
but hope for patience to win my freedom

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, thoughtful post, with such a beautiful, healing image.

My thoughts and prayers to those who are suffering. And to those who have transitioned, Ohm Mani Padme Hum.